First Ballymoney Presbyterian Church
1. The club has provided a Green and Eco-Information point on the way into the church
2. The members have collected goods for recycling:
3. Used recycled paper and other materials in the Church Office.
- Stamps for Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Clothes for the Salvation Army
- Books for War on want
- Spectacles, watches and clocks for Age concern
- Toys and Games for Emmaus Library
- Comics for Barnardo's
- Bric-a-brac for War on Want
4. Used Fair-trade goods
5. Participated when each family was given a water Hippo, a Tesco bag for life, an energy efficient bulb and ten green goals.
6. Raised awareness during Green Transport Week by sharing transport or walking to church.
7. Looked at what the Bible has to say about green and Eco issues.
8. Promoted Organic foods and Fair Trade goods at the Men's Breakfast and the Youth Breakfast.
9. Learning about animal welfare. The Borough Council came and talked to the Youth Club.
10. The group are also working towards building two garden boxes, to gaining the use of a small plot of land near the church and starting a tree planting programmed in the centre of Ballymoney.