Harvest and Creation Time Resources
Here are links to useful CEL and other resources. More details about these resources are given lower down the page.
- CEL Harvest Festival Leaflet
- What is Creation tide? Creation Time: 1 Sept - to - 2nd Sun in Oct -
- CTBI resources for 2011 Our daily bread - Food in God's Creation - a whole host of resources well worth visiting.
- Day of Prayer: 4 Oct 2009 - 82 Prayers/Reflections - as written and as audio files
- Sermon Notes on Season of Creation Topics year 2010 and 2011 by CEL member Keith Innes
Year 2010: Ocean Sunday, Fauna Sunday, Storm Sunday and Cosmos Sunday
Year 2011: Forest Sunday, Land Sunday, Outback/Wilderness Sunday and River Sunday
- Hope for Creation: - CTBI Resources for Creation Time 2008.- NEW AND RECOMMENDED -lots of links
- Creation Time at European Christian Environment Network website
- Web of Creation American website for - good resources 2007
- CEL LOAF material and at Resources - Lots more useful CEL material for Harvest and Creation Time
- Useful resources, much of it downloadable Harvest Pack '08 - from Methodist Church is on Ethiopia and helping farmers grow crops on land where the saoil has eroded away after deforestation.
- Wells for India, Harvest Pack - see below
In more detail:
CreationTide (1 Sept- Mid Oct) - European Christian Environment Network(ECEN)
The Autumn season has been chosen as "Creation-time" by the European Christian Environment Network (ECEN) for several years now:- specifically between 1 Sept (which the Orthodox church treats as Creation Day) and the second Sunday in October - so that it includes 4 October - St Francis's Day. It is a time to organise workshops or projects about Care of Creation and to have special services - perhaps a modified harvest festival. This year's ECEN material can be found at http://www.ecen.org/topcday.shtml
for use in the four Sundays of September: by Rev Keith Innes (These were written for 20010-2012 but can be used any year.)
Season of Creation
An Australian Group have prepared material for the four Sundays in this period http://www.seasonofcreation.com/ working on a three year cycle, this year with liturgies for Forest Sunday, Land Sunday Outback Sunday and River Sunday. There are different versions you can choose to use, and American versions now seem to be appearing on their site.
Web of Creation
American material for Season of Creation 2007
Material about Food. LOAF stands for Locally Produced, Organically Grown, Animal Friendly and Fairly Traded.
The Arthur Rank Centre
also has useful material on Harvest Festivals
The world needs bread a hymn about bread - with sheet music and midi music
Wells for India, The Winchester Centre, 68 St George's Street, Winchester SO23 8AH, UK
Telephone: +44(0)1962 848 043 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells for India Harvest 2007
The First Fruits of the Ground
“So now I bring the first fruit of the ground that you, O Lord, have given me.” Deuteronomy 26 v10
Please consider focusing on Wells for India in your church or school.
Our pack contains a variety of materials based on the RCL readings for
Harvest Year C.
• Children’s craft activity
• Discussion ideas for older children ‘Crops, goats and water ’
• Drama reading suitable for small or large groups
• Reflection with optional accompanying images (on CD)
• Responsorial prayer & Indian creed
contact email@example.com if you would like to receive your copy